Raktha Mokshanam is an Ayurvedic Shodhana (eradication of the root cause of the disease) for removing morbid doshas in blood. It is one among the Panchakarma therapies and is advised only in rare conditions, especially in cases of Raktadushti (one that causes blood toxicity or impurity).
METHODS USED TO RELEASE BLOOD:
There are five methods used to release blood:
- Prachchhana: In this procedure, light incisions made on the skin to drain the accumulated blood from the affected area with the help of a scalpel.
- Sringavacharanam: In this procedure, a small incision is made at the spot and blood aspirated from the tip of a horn with the mouth or with a syringe.
- Jalouka: In this procedure, a Jalouka / leech is used suck out the accumulated blood/ blood vitiated by Pitta dosha from the affected area.
- Alabukarma: In this procedure, alabu (bottle gourd) is used to remove blood vitiated by kapha dosha.
- Siravyadham: In this procedure, vein is cut at affected/ particular spots such that some amount of blood is let out. It is used in tri-dosha aggravation and can purify the entire body.
The Raktha Mokshanam treatment procedure in generally divided into three parts, such as
- Purva Karma: In the Purva Karma stage, the Ayurveda physician will diagnose the patient according to Ayurveda’s Astha vidha pareeksha’s(eight fold examination)and Dashavidha Pareeksha’s (ten fold examination) to understand the patient’s body type, disease and further course of treatment.
- Pradhana Karma: In Pradhana Karma involves the main procedure. After explaining to the patient the treatment procedure, the patient is made to lie down, the affected part of the body will be cleaned thoroughly and the selected leech will be applied on the affected part.
- Pashyat Karma: In Pashyat Karma, the leech will be removed once the patient starts feeling an itching sensation by applying turmeric or medicated salt on the affected area. In some cases, the leech stops sucking on itself.
INDICATIONS OF RAKTHA MOKSHANAM
- Diabetic ulcer
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammatory Reactions
- Blood purification
- Varicose Veins
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Diabetic Wounds
- Boils and abscesses
- Thrombosis (blood clot)
- Foot corn
- Enlargement of spleen and liver
BENEFITS OF RAKTHA MOKSHANAM BLOOD PURIFICATION
- Purifies the blood
- Promotes health
- Improves immunity
- Strengthens body
- Helps sense organs act powerfully and quickly
- Treats various skin diseases and infections
- Eases tension
- Normalises the blood pressure
- Lessen risk of suffering from stroke and heart attacks
- Helps with the healing process of wounds
- Helps with the wounds and lesions caused by diabetes
- Fills mind with happiness and contentment
Herbz & Healz Healthcare Centre offer authentic Ayurveda treatments and therapies for prevention and cure of illnesses with the help of experienced Ayurveda physicians and therapists. We also offer detoxifying and rejuvenating Ayurveda oil massages with wide-ranging health benefits. To schedule an appointment, please call +91 90 4333 6444.