WHAT IS LEPROSY?
Leprosy is a chronic bacterial infection caused by a pathogenic bacterium mycobacterium leprae. It occurs in large numbers in the lesions of lepromatous leprosy, chiefly in masses, and attacks bodily tissues in the person’s body. This skin infection can occur anywhere in the body. It affects particularly the mucous membranes of the nerves and the skin.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF LEPROSY?
The leprosy is infectious and is caused by a bacteria known as mycobacterium leprae, occurs via droplets from the nose and mouth of persons affected by severe form of the disease. Symptoms usually appear three to five years after contacting leprosy causing bacteria. There are cases of symptoms appearing 20 years of the contact.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF LEPROSY?
A person suffering with leprosy is most likely to have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Light skin patches with loss of sensation.
- Thickening of nerves.
- Decreased sensitivity to feel touch, heat, or pain.
- Weakening of muscles.
- Loss of body hair.
- Eyes, Skin, Testes, and Skin damage.
- Nerve damage.
- Upper Respiratory Tract damage.
- Numbness in the hands, arms, legs, or feet.
WHAT ARE THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF LEPROSY?
Some of the long term effects of leprosy include one or more of the following:
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Respiratory Tract damage
- Eyes impairment
- Skin and testes damage
WHAT ARE THE HOME REMEDIES TO TREAT LEPROSY
- Rhizome is an effective natural cure for leprosy. Make a paste of Rhizome and rub it on the skin to prevent bacterial infection.
- Chaulmoogra Oil is a helpful natural remedy for Leprosy. It helps to eliminate inflammation and ulcer throughout the skin.
- Drinking a mixture of pepper and neem leaves with boiled water daily is very effective for the treating Leprosy.
- Hydrocotyle, also known as Gotu Kola, is used to prevent Leprosy and other skin diseases.
WHAT ARE THE AYURVEDA TREATMENTS AVAILABLE FOR LEPROSY?
The traditional medicinal system of Ayurveda has been helping people affected by leprosy for thousands of years. The Ayurveda therapies and medicines involves both internal and external application of medicines. These medications are helpful in combating a variety of diseases and aids in the restoration of one’s body from many diseases.
To schedule an appointment, please call +91 44 435 24022, +91 90 4333 6444.